The 24 hours of continuing education must consist of the following mandatory requirements:
- A minimum of two (2) continuing education credits per triennial registration period in the Barrier Free Subcode, N.J.A.C. 5:23-7.
- A minimum of two (2) continuing education credits in the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code, N.J.A.C. 5:23, exclusive of the Barrier Free Subcode.
- A minimum of two (2) continuing education credits in the Americans with Disabilities Act Code, 36 C.F.R. 1191.
- A minimum of two (2) continuing education credits in Industrial Safety.
- A minimum of two (2) continuing education credits in New Jersey law and rules governing the provision of burglar alarm, fire alarm and locksmithing services.
and . . . “A licensee seeking renewal of a Burglar Alarm License shall have. . .”
- A minimum of three (3) credits of continuing education in Smoke Detection Systems.
All licensees shall obtain the balance of continuing education credits in trade-related/business subjects.
For individuals holding multiple Committee-issued licenses, the 10 mandatory credits noted above will count towards the requirement of 24 credits for each license held. To illustrate, 24 credits, including the 10 mandatory credits, are required for the first license held. If a licensee holds a second or third license, then 14 additional trade-related/business credits are required for each of those licenses. Thus, in the aggregate, a holder of a single license must earn 24 total CE credits, a holder of two licenses must earn 38 total CE credits, and a holder of three licenses must earn 52 total CE credits during the triennial cycle. Additionally, a licensee who completes more than the minimum continuing education credits set forth above in any triennial registration period may carry no more than eight (8) of the additional credits into a succeeding triennial period.
The following topic codes are applicable for continuing education:
BUS – Business
TECBA – Technical Burglar Alarm
L/C – Law/Codes
TECFA – Technical Fire Alarm
SAF – Safety
TECLD – Technical Locks
TECES – Technical Electronic Security
TECRF – Technical Residential Smoke Detection
TECBF – Technical Burglar Alarm & Fire Alarm